- SME is responsible for Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Availability and Capacity Management for Windows operating system.
- Manage L2/L3 production/project support activities.
- This also includes the initial installation or update, patching, migration for these platforms.
- Responsible for script development/ update in different scripting (Shell and Perl).
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Experience or familiar on tools like ticketing and monitoring tools.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring the team members.
- Willingness to work on flexible working hours including weekends.
- Involved in Routine Operational support and troubleshooting.
- Should have at least 6-8 plus years’ experience in Datacentre operations, RAID, File/ Print Server, Blade Servers, Windows Clustering, DNS, DHCP, ADDS, WSUS, Virtualization, Citrix etc.
- Sound knowledge on Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012
- In-Depth knowledge including design and planning of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, File and Print, DFS, CIFS
- Experience with Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching
- Scripting knowledge such as VB Scripts, KIX, Shell, Perl etc will be an added advantage
- Experience on VARITAS / Microsoft Cluster.
- Responsibility to build new test environment, creating POC and UAT environment
- Understanding of Multi-geo support environment
- Suggests new technologies and design changes
- Monitoring and maintaining SLA requirements by the team members
- Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy for 24x7 operation support
- Testing / Auditing/ implementing processes as required from time to time
- Implement, maintain, configuration and recovery of AD infrastructure
- Good Exposure to Group Policies creation, Roles, their testing and implementation
- Should have good working experience on RAID management and Array controller.
- Should have good knowledge & troubleshooting skills on MS Clusters, Windows Load Balancing
- Knowledge of Windows Registry, including knowledge of modifying system
- Knowledge of Citrix Environment is added advantage
- Good Proficiency in System Fault Tolerance Design, BCP/ DR planning
- Capacity planning and Fine-tune system for optimal performance.
- Deal with OEMs and follow up for hardware & software issues to minimize downtimes.
- Responsible for Root cause analysis
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage.
- Should have experience with performance management and tuning
- Use performance monitoring tools, especially TOP, Grafana etc.
- Analyse output from performance monitoring tools
- Configure system tunables to support optimal application performance
- Should have experience in general user and system management techniques:
- Create, maintain and modify user accounts
- Manage services and subsystems Configure Electronic Service Agent
- Use cron and at functions
- Configuring system dump and core dump attributes, initiating methods for dumps
- Should have good communication and customer in
Infrastructure Management Services (IMS)-Windows-VMWare
EXPERIENCE: 4.5-8 Years